What we do
WE TRANSFORM LIVES
HELPING IN EMERGENCY
HELPING THE ELDERLY
HELPING THE DISABLED
HELPING THE SICK
- Now more than ever, ethnic communities need help. It is not a political statement. It is just a tragic reality.
- We help the needy and desperate live out their lives in a foreign land with dignity.
- Our activities focus on the New York metropolitan area, with an increasing portion of the assistance requested and given to out-of-state individuals.
- Initially Polish Assistance supported those who came to the United States to escape communism. In Poland they had skills and they knew the language. In the U.S. they had to start all over again.
- Then we provided help to those who came here to escape the political and economic turmoil that communism created. Again, in Poland they had skills and they knew the language. In the U.S., many despite their education, performed physical labor. Some adjusted and some fell on hard times. They have no sense of belonging in the U.S. and they have no longer sense of belonging in Poland. Sadly, many families do not want the burden of the sick. Again, we help them live out their lives with dignity.
- Today, Polish skilled labor is sought after in the US. Technology today allows them to earn competitive salaries while living in Poland.